At The Eye Institute, our patients are fortunate to have available to them the premier cataract care center in this region.
To offer patients a surgical facility that is dual accredited by Medicare as well as the AAAHC to ensure the highest quality possible.
To use the latest techniques, proven innovations by some of the world’s most well respected and well-trained physicians to achieve the best results possible.
The whole procedure, start to finish, in Dr. Weinstock’s hands, usually takes about 6 minutes.
Cataract surgery is only performed once and the effects last a lifetime. Having successfully perform thousands of cataract surgeries each year, our fellowship-trained physicians want to help you get it right the first time.
Our physicians completed an additional year or two of post-graduate training, called a fellowship, at some of the most well-respected academic medical centers in the world. By being “experts” in their field, patients receive world-class care at The Eye Institute.
To deliver information that helps you make an informed decision so you achieve the results you desire.
Cataract Advice from Dr. Weinstock
Leaders in Cataract Care
Cataract surgery has entered a new era of unprecedented growth in precision technology replacing a generation that was once considered advanced. As newer techniques continue to shorten the recovery time and improve visual results, patients are able to see more clearly, sooner, with less pain and return to their normal activities much quicker. At the Eye Institute we embrace these advances and take pride knowing that our patients will receive the best care possible.
- Our physicians helped pioneer the modern cataract procedure –the bimanual microincisional technique.
- The development of newer intraocular lens implants allow our surgeons to offer advanced lens options such as the Crystalens, to help patients see clearly at a full range of distance.
- One of the first facilities to incorporate into its operating room the TrueVision System, a visualization platform that uses a heads-up digital display in 3-D.
- Our surgical facility was one of the few centers in the world to use the new ORA System, wavefront-guided technology that provides real-time data to optimize lens placements, determine lens strength, and correct astigmatism during surgery.
- We were among the first facilities to introduce the femtosecond laser that replaces some of those key manual steps of cataract surgery typically performed by hand with the accuracy of computer-guided controls.
The Eye Institute of West Florida
has a long standing reputation for employing the finest physicians in ophthalmology. Our doctors are all highly trained specialists delivering clinical excellence in every subspecialty of ophthalmology. As graduates of major medical universities, every physician then completed an additional year or two of post-graduate training, called a fellowship, at some of the most well respected academic medical facilities in the world. By being “experts” in their respective field of study, we offer multiple specialists, much like a university, for any eye problem you may have, all in one institute. In addition to being fellowship-trained, all of our physicians are also board-certified or board-eligible in ophthalmology.